Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Twitter???? Ah..ok!



So today in Public Relations, Melanie informed us that our assignment was to create a Twitter account.

Err...Twitter? Isn't it enough that I have hotmail, a blog, and Facebook? I'm not sure if I can handle another social media networking site...Remember the days of Myspace, Hifive(sp??), and other awkward friend-making/stalking sites? Please, not another one.

But then again, I've now been on Twitter for 20 mins and I already am enjoying it. The best part of it so far is that I can follow such a wide variety of people and get the news in that way. For example, I'm following CNN, CTV, Barack Obama, Oprah, Larry King, Anderson Cooper, Ellen Degeneres, and a few more, so now, instantenously, I'm getting a good variety of news that I'm interested in at my fingertips.

Additionally, I do think that Twitter is an amazing resource for communicators. It allows them the ability to send out their messages in a mass way that is super fast and efficient. Moreover, it also allows communicators to receive messages that they otherwise may not have access to. So overall, I may not be a huge Twitter fan yet, but I do see its value.

1 comment: