Monday, March 1, 2010

You’re perfect...but something’s missing: the ultimate insult.

So tonight marked the finale of a show I loyally follow, The Bachelor: On the Wings of Love.

The world watched as bachelor Jake picked Vienna as his final one. I know, I know...most people hate Vienna or have something negative to say about her...but honestly, he seems to really love her. And I do think he’s a smart guy. He figured out Elizabeth’s games, got rid of Michelle, let four women go in one episode because he knew they weren’t for him, and didn’t let Ali come back after she left him. I think he was there for the right reasons and I hope he found true love.


Jake


Vienna

Now...that being said...there is one other person in this equation. The woman he didn’t pick. Tenley, the beautiful girl with a heart of gold. His reason for not picking her that seemed to resonate in this episode with me was, “we just don’t have the physical chemistry I need.” (Unlike the physical connection he did have with Vienna).


Tenley

This brings me to the topic for tonight’s blog: the ultimate insult: you’re perfect...but something’s missing.

Now, Jake very clearly told Tenley many times that she was “perfect.” I’ll admit...even watching the show, she came across as quite lovely and perfect to me too. Yet something was missing. He wasn’t physically compatible with her. This is the ultimate insult in my opinion. Basically, you’re telling someone that although they have everything you think you want, you are not physically attracted to them.

This makes me wonder...what happens when you’ve found a perfect match for you in every single way...but your physical connection is off or you are not physically attracted to the person?

Do you stick with the relationship?

Do you let it go?

Can chemistry be created?

At the end of the day, what’s more important, the emotional or the physical connection with someone?


If you had to pick one of the two, ask yourself, which would it be?

I wonder how long Jake and Vienna will stay together if one of the major aspects of their relationship is only their physical compatibility. Then again, maybe they found love and lust in each other...that’s pretty special if they did.

I always say, the reason it’s so hard to be emotionally and physically connected to one person at the same time is because it’s a rare occurrence. But that’s why when you do find it, you know, that person could be the one.


I do feel bad for poor Tenley. She’s kind, wonderful, smart, and stunning...but she just wasn’t enough for Jake. She got the ultimate insult. The explanation that never really was. The confusing answer that only confused her some more.

The truth is, we all know what he really meant to say was he wasn’t as physically attracted to her as he was to Vienna. Unfortunate but true.

No comments:

Post a Comment