Friday, March 12, 2010

Marry the man that loves you a millimeter more.



I heard this saying the other day...and I still have not decided how I feel about it.

Marry the man that loves you a millimeter more.


My interpretation of the saying is that at the end of the day, you should end up with someone who loves you a little more than you love them.

I understand. You deserve to be with someone who has unconditional respect, admiration, and love for you.

But my problem with this saying is this: let’s say for debate’s sake that you’re with someone who loves you a millimeter more than you love them, but you aren’t loving to your full capacity.

Are you settling with this person? Or is this how it SHOULD be? Is it naive to think you’re going to end up with someone you have crazy and passionate love for?

Is it a sign of maturity to accept and be grateful for the fact that you're with someone who while you may love them, they love you more than you do them?

This is one topic, I’m really not sure about. What do YOU think?

No comments:

Post a Comment