Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Long Distance Love

Since the beginning of the semester, there has been a girl in my class, Stacia, who I have known is in a long distance relationship. Her boyfriend, ironically he has the same name as I, goes to school in Thunder Bay and the two were separated in September when he left Winnipeg.

I have known since I met Stacia, she is deeply in love with her boyfriend. Her face lights up with any mention of him, she has his photo on her laptop screensaver, and sincerely, you can really hear it in her voice when she talks about him.

Now, I have no concept of how hard it must be for Stacia and her boyfriend to be in a long distance relationship. When she tells me how difficult it is for her, I feel sympathy for her, ask her some questions, and try to be supportive.

It wasn’t until last week, when I was talking about the Christmas break with someone and Stacia’s name came up, that I truly stopped to empathize with her. Stacia gets to see her boyfriend on Dec. 13 when she heads to Thunder Bay. Wow…..Dec. 13. She hasn’t seen him since? I don’t know why, but it didn’t really hit me until that moment. Can you imagine being away from your significant other for almost 4 months? And moreover, how is it going to feel for her when she sees him again?

I know my heart would be bursting with excitement.

So this one’s for you Stacia. I hope the trip is wonderful. And tell Kieran….that Kiran says hi!

1 comment:

  1. Kiran, this is beautiful. thank you so much for the tribute. I miss him SO much everyday. I can't wait to see him, I'm sending him a link to this right now :)
    XOXO much love

    ReplyDelete