Monday, November 8, 2010

Good interview. Great answers

Oprah Winfrey gets to interview people for a living. I wish that were my job.

Watch the interview with Portia de Rossi below (Ellen Degeneres' wife) about struggling with her eating disorders and coming out as a lesbian.

Oprah's questions are fine, but its the honesty in Portia's answers that brings true light to this interview.

I always say, it is up to the interviewer to make the subject feel so comfortable they will open up with them.....but I never forget, that an interview is only most successful, if the subject is willing to give you the truth.







1 comment:

  1. I find Oprah even more annoying than usual lately. I always feel like she cuts people off. She gets people to open up to her now less because she is a good interviewer and more because she's Oprah. I'll be really interested in what the subject is about to say and then she'll cut in with another question or a long-winded and patronizing comment. It's super irritating.

    ReplyDelete